Toro 48" Floating Deck Gear Drive T-Bar (50 St.)(39078)
48" Floating Deck Gear Drive T-Bar (50 St.)(39078)
Floating Deck Gear Drive
15 HP Kawasaki® 603cc engine with 48" (122 cm) TURBO FORCE cutting deck, and T-Bar steering controls.
- 48" (122 cm) TURBO FORCE 7-gauge cutting deck
- 15 HP* Kawasaki® 603cc engine
- Robust 9-3/8" (24 cm) cast iron spindle housings
- Flat-free semi-pneumatic caster tires reduce downtime
- T-Bar Steering Controls: Exclusive Toro T-Bar steering system is easy to use and ergonomically designed to reduce operator fatigue. Great for tracking in large open spaces and also maneuvering around obstacles. All around an intuitive control system.
- Exclusive TURBO FORCE Deck - Floating Deck: High-capacity 7/10 guage TURBO FORCE deck delivers unsurpassed strength, a superior cut, and increased productivity in extreme mowing conditions. Easily handles the most demanding conditions and resists damage from impacts and abrasion.
- Rubber Discharge Chute: High performance rubber discharge chute allows for close trimming without damaging chute or landscape structures. Patented design provides exceptional clipping dispersion.
- Rugged Spindle Assembly: Rigorously tested to ensure that it can survive impacts that would destroy lesser spindles. The cast iron housing, with a massive 9-3/8" (23.8 cm) diameter base, absorbs impact loads and distributes them across a broader area of the robust deck shell. Built with maintenance-free sealed ball bearings.
- Patented Adjustable Baffle: Allows operator to achieve maximum cutting performance by fine-tuning deck to conquer changing conditions, unique job sites or different times of the season. In extreme conditions, the baffle can be opened in order to conserve power and achieve faster mowing speeds. In less demanding conditions, the baffle can be closed to yield micro-sized particles and maximize discharge velocity.
- Flat-free Caster Tires:
- Engine: 15 HP* Kawasaki® 603cc
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gallons (19 L)
- Height of Cut: 1" to 4-1/2" (2.5 cm to 11.4 cm) quick change
- Number of Blades: 3
- Starter: Recoil
- Drive System: 5-Speed Transmission
- Deck Material: 7-gauge Steel
- Mulch, Bag, Side Discharge: Side-discharge Standard
- Adjustable Discharge: Standard
- Blade Tip Speed: 18,300+ ft/min (5,578 m/min)
- Brake System: 6" (15 cm) Band Brakes
- CARB Compliant: Model 39078
- Caster Tires: 9" x 3.50 - 4" (23 cm x 9 - 10 cm) flat free
- Certification: CARB
- Deck Design: 48" (122 cm) 7-gauge TURBO FORCE
- Discharge Chute: Reinforced rubber
- Drive Tires: 16" x 6.5 - 8" (40.6 cm x 16.5 - 20.3 cm)
- Ground Speed: 6.2 mph (10 km/h) fwd; reverse assist
- Height: 41" (104 cm)
- Horsepower: 15 hp
- Length: 82" (208 cm)
- Spindle Housing: 9-3/8" (24 cm) diameter cast iron
- Steering Controls: T-Bar
- Transmission: 5 Speed Gearbox with 9 Spline Coupler
- Width: 49.6" (126 cm) with chute up
- Weight: 649 lbs (294 kg)
- Walk-Behind Bags: Toro® utility bags add convenience and productivity to everyday mowing. Use them for trash, tools, cell phone - whatever you need to pick up or carry with you.
- Soft Baggers: Cloth bag kit available for seasonal clean-up, or small debris collection jobs.
- Atomic® Mulching Blades: Atomic® mulching blades feature an aggressive "tooth" design that shreds grass and leaves into small particles. The teeth curl upward behind the blade to suspend clippings in the chamber so they are cut and re-cut until they virtually disappear. Turn your Toro Groundsmaster® into an Atomic® mulching machine!
- Recycler® Mulching Kits: Recycler mulching kits deliver the industry's finest mulching performance and reduce mowing time up to 38% vs. bagging*.*Respondents in a Texas A&M University study cut their lawns 38% faster when they didn't bag.
- TRU TRAK® Sulky: Toro's patented TRU TRAK® sulky is the industry's most innovative sulky design. Large, independently pivoting foot plates greatly reduce operator fatigue while the 2-point connection eliminates jack-knifing in turns or reverse. The unit tracks "true" and straight every time. Foot pads pivot into stowed position when operating in conditions not conducive to sulky operation and for trailering convenience.
NOTES:*The gross horsepower of this engine was laboratory rated by the engine manufacturer in accordance with SAE J1940. As configured to meet safety, emission, and operating requirements, the actual engine horsepower on this class of mower will be significantly lower.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 15 hp
- 5 Speed Gearbox with 9 Spline Coupler
- Wheel Size
- 16 in. x 6.5 - 8 in. (40.6 cm x 16.5 - 20.3 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (19 L)
- Discharge Type
- Mulch, Bag, Side Discharge